Sermon Series Sept 13 - Oct 18, "More than Stained. Glass": The apostles of Jesus are not just shiny stained-glass figures in our worship center. They were real people like you and me with gifts and flaws, and they had life-changing encounters with Jesus. Join us on Sunday mornings as we learn some things from their experience that will help us follow Jesus today.
K-2nd GRADERS – EXPLORE THE WORSHIP CENTER: All families of kids in Kindergarten through 2nd grade are invited to explore the Worship Center THIS Sunday, September 27 at 4 pm! This is a great chance for your kiddos to get to know Pastor Blake and Ms. Kimberley even better while learning about all the different parts of the worship service. We will get to see many different areas in the room, including the choir loft, organ, baptistry, and balcony, and we'll even have a sweet treat to celebrate at the end of the tour. See you there!
PRESCHOOL PLAY DAY: Preschoolers and their parents/caregivers are again invited for a play day in the church gym on Friday, September 25, from 10:00-11:30 AM.
TRAIL OF TREATS: DRIVE-THRU TRAIL OF TREATS: We are hosting a Drive-Thru Trail of Treats in the church parking lot this year on Saturday, October 31 from 6-8 pm! This event will provide a fun and safe place for families to get candy on Halloween and we cannot do it without you! There are two ways you can participate in Trail of Treats this year:
- Candy Donations – Starting THIS Sunday, September 27 we will be collecting individually wrapped candy in containers in the Collection Hub outside the church office. Last year we had 1200 people attend so we need a LOT of candy!
- Decorating a Candy Station – The other way to help is to decorate your vehicle’s trunk as a candy station for the event! Families will drive through a pre-determined path in the church parking lot, stopping at each booth to receive candy (all while staying in their vehicles). We have two competitions this year for those who choose to make a station: one for the most creative station and one for whoever has the best candy delivery system that will allow them to distribute candy from 6 feet away from the vehicle. May the best station win!! Please register your candy station by October 25 so we can plan for you! Follow this link to sign up today!
UPDATES TO IN-PERSON GATHERINGS:
Sunday morning services are held at 9:00am and 11:00am, both online and in person. We also have several Community Groups meeting in person on Sunday mornings.
The three entrances of the church that will be open are: the Douglas St. doors, the main entrance under the large awning, and the door under the small canopy off of the parking lot.
If you have your own mask, you may wear it. If you do not, we will have one available for you to use. Local guidelines do require masks at this time.
Community Groups: Many Community Groups are meeting on Sunday mornings in person and via Zoom. Those groups are listed below. If you need a link for the Zoom meeting, please contact the group leader.
- Shaffer's Class - 10:00am // ADM 139
- Draper's Class - 10:00am // AUD 046
- Voris Class - 10:00am // AUD 044
- Wiley's Class - 10:00am // The Loft
- Franke's Class - 10:00am // Chapel
- 7th-12th Students - 10:00am // The Underground
- Kids & Preschool - 10:00am // Education Building
- Special Needs - 10:00am // Conference Room
- Henks' Class - 10:15am // AUD 042
- Pennington's Class - 10:15am // ADM 137
Meeting Via Zoom
- Wable's Class – 9:30am
- Franke's Class – 10:00am
- Wiley's Class – 10:00am
- Garner's Class – 10:10am
- Henks' Class – 10:15am
- Pennington's Class – 10:15am
- Snowden's Class - 10:30am
- Rethemeyer's Class – 10:45am
- Birch's Class - 11:00am
- Byers' Class – 11:00am
- Baker's Class - 4:00pm
Bible Study and Prayer: Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall or on Facebook (Facebook.com/FirstLS/).
Students: 7th-12th graders meet on Sundays at 10:00am and Wednesdays at 7:00pm in The Underground (student area under the gym).
First Kids & Preschool: Kids birth through 6th grade meet at 10:00am on Sunday mornings in the Education portion of our building. Check in early on the KidMin app or check in at the door. Parents, you can catch a variety of Community Groups (listed above) during this time, as well!
Preschool Worship Care: On Sundays, worship care for birth through Pre-K is available during the 9:00am worship service in the preschool area. This is in addition to the 10:00am small group time each week, and we would love your preschooler to stay both hours!
VIDEO TEAM MINISTRY: Have a heart for serving? Love technology and video? We live-stream our Sunday morning services and need a few extra hands on deck to help us reach the masses. If you have a talent for video or an interest in learning, please let Randy know so he can get you on board!
DAILY BIBLE READINGS:
September 21 – John 1:35-42
September 22 – Mark 1:21-34
September 23 – John 12:20-26
September 24 – Acts 1:7-14
September 25 – Mark 2:1-12
September 26 – Mark 10:13-16
September 27 – John 6:1-13
BUILDING the FUTURE:
Amount Given: $786,460.54.
Loan Balance as of September 1: $146,789.43