CURRENT EVENTS & IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS: Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
Our GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays seminar is especially for people who are grieving a loved one’s death. You’ll learn:
- How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- Helpful tips for surviving social events
- How to discover hope for your future
This Saturday, November 16th, from 9am-noon. Pre-register here or register at the door; cost is $5 to cover materials.
FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY BABY STEPS: Is it time for you to start winning with money? November 20th from 5:45-8:30pm, we will be hosting a live stream of Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey and Chris Hogan as they walk through the seven baby steps that can change your financial life! NO cost, childcare provided. If you plan to utilize the childcare provided, please register your kiddos here.
FRIENDSGIVING: Join us for our potluck Thanksgiving meal hosted by our young adults on Sunday, November 24 at 6:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOE BOXES: Shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child can be picked up at the church now! Fill the box(es) and return by November 20th. Regional Collection Week at FBCLS IS November 18-25. We’re in need of volunteers; sign-up sheet at the Connection Hub!
THE LOANED MANGER: First Arts Academy will be hosting a Christmas program “The Loaned Manger” on December 8, 6:30 PM. Items needed are posted in the hallway outside the Worship Center. Donated or loaned items can be placed in the Collection Hub and gift cards go to the church office.
WOMEN'S CHRISTMAS BRUNCH: Ladies, join us Saturday, December 7 from 10:30 – Noon in the Fellowship Hall. Along with bringing a dish to share, please bring snack items (microwaveable mac n cheese, hot chocolate, Ramen noodles in a cup, individual boxes of cereal, 8 oz bottles of water and small bottles of gatorade) for the Pro Deo after-school program in Lee’s Summit. The speaker will be Elaine Metcalf from Pro Deo.
- One of our most unique ministries to Lee's Summit is our Teen Parent program. If you would like to volunteer to bless new teen parents and their children, sign up here! We need SIX people willing to donate just a few hours of their week to this amazing ministry; shifts are one day a week from 7-11am and 11-2:30pm!